Monday, June 9, 2014

Jari Sickle Mower

The beast.  A 1980 something Jari Sickle Mower that I was surprised to learn was still in production.

I had last ran this in my teens for my grandfather on the property.  I'm sure it had sit unused since then, and would have made it to the recycler had a close friend not sang its glories when its appendage removing sickle was directed toward to grasses taller than me.  A few trips to the parts store and she sprang to life.

I call it the Mangler.


Last ran during the Reagan Administration, this self propelled monstrosity is least likely to start a Summer fire other than in your lungs as you desperately try to keep up with its single speed on the steep grades.


But oh, nothing munches on the woody stalks of recalcitrant star thistle like it.



No comments:

Post a Comment